sony ericsson

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 12 09:43:43 UTC 2008

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Stéphane Guedon wrote:
>> I use Amarok in Ubuntu. It is said to be supported natively since 7.10
>> and I have libmtp7. Do I need another ? mtpfs ? mtp-tools ?
>
> Make sure that the device is supported in libmtp version 0.2.6, which is
> what libmtp7 correlates to.  Assuming this is true, all you should need
> would be libmtp, Amarok, and the Amarok MTP device plugin.  Note that
> many distributions do *not* build this and instead package it
> separately, if at all.  Ubuntu probably does have it, but it may be in a
> separate package.
>
> If you have all those things, you should be able to go into Amarok's
> configuration dialog, go to the Media Devices tab, and add a MTP device.
>   Then you should be able to connect to it from the Media Browser.

Of course it's also entirely possible that you could use the KIO OBEX IO
slave and use bluetooth for the transfer, but this will not necessarily
update any internal database file held by the device.

With Amaork2 I do not think the KDE4 equiv of the OBEX IO slave has been
ported yet...

I'm kinda assuming the SE w380i is a phone here.... if it's not then it
probably doesn't have bluetooth ;)

Col