sony ericsson

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Aug 11 19:09:44 UTC 2008

Stéphane Guedon wrote:
> I use Amarok in Ubuntu. It is said to be supported natively since 7.10
> and I have libmtp7. Do I need another ? mtpfs ? mtp-tools ?

Make sure that the device is supported in libmtp version 0.2.6, which is
what libmtp7 correlates to.  Assuming this is true, all you should need
would be libmtp, Amarok, and the Amarok MTP device plugin.  Note that
many distributions do *not* build this and instead package it
separately, if at all.  Ubuntu probably does have it, but it may be in a
separate package.

If you have all those things, you should be able to go into Amarok's
configuration dialog, go to the Media Devices tab, and add a MTP device.
  Then you should be able to connect to it from the Media Browser.

--Jeff