GSoC: Amarok2Amarok

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:42:45 UTC 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 5:40 AM, Alex Kosenkov wrote:

> And btw concerning legal issues:
> My brother is a legal expert. And at least here in Russia it is
> illegal to download songs from other people - but the fact is that
> in my approach you are _not_ downloading and saving music from
> users, you listen it _through_ them and this in fact is allowed by
> the law. (basically it's the same as the situation when you hear a
> music which is played by the iPod of somebody who walks around you)
>
> And I think it's a legal and very usefull functionality!

Either way, your point is moot. This is not, we think, something that
is necessary for amarok 2, and as we only have the ability to sponsor
a few select students for the GSoC, we are going to be working with
students that we think contribute to essential parts of amarok.

furthermore, this proposal does not sound reasonable and feasible in
the time allotted.

leo