Fwd: GSoC: Amarok2Amarok

Alex Kosenkov alex.kosenkov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:40:18 UTC 2008

Hello there, well it can be like a standalone complex without turning Amarok
into pakemonu ,)
And about legal issues - it's quite the same as Ampache. I mean all stuff
like authorisation. And this project's aim is to use it in local networks,
so there won't be any problems with legal issues.
And what about technical issues?..
I mean by default router doesn't drop multicasts, and to support
multicasts forwarding between segments you just need to write a few strings
using smcroute or pimd... default kernels support multicast forward by
default... And multicast works perfectly written using qt 4.4! I already
tested that. (And multicasts it self became kind of popular and it is a
future concerning ipv6 ;) )
I can work on my proposal for 8 hours a day since May, so there won't be any
problems with finishing this work in time...
What do you think?