Google Summer of Code - Playlist Ideas!

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Mon Apr 7 07:25:33 UTC 2008

Am Montag 07 April 2008 09:02:58 schrieb Bryan Youse:

> The rough proposal can be found here:
> http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~youse/gsoc2008.html

Helllo,

first: Iam no Amarok Dev so just thoughs from a user.

I am  not sure if you really talk about Amarok 2 there. I see you mentioned
Amarok 2, but a lot of your writing better applies to amarok 1.4.

I somehow like your basic idea of have something like weighted label because I
always wanted to have better ways of organising my music. Thats why i wrote a
gsoc proposal on nepomuk and label integration.

But one problem is, if you have to enter all that data well you would not use
it that offen i think. Thats way I use the raiting feature not very often in
amarok 1.4 or any other media player (and my iPod).

So you should search for easy ways to create that data. Maybe something like a
mood selector to say "well today i am in a sad mood so please higher the sad
value of all songs I am hearing at the moment".

Well the other bigger problem I see is the new Playlist View in Amarok 2.

I just doesn't really leave room for it. If the ccurrent stub implemention of
the classic playlist there will someday become reallity there would it fit.

But the better way I think would be something like a mouse over view of this
things and a way to change these bars settings from there.

Well i am not sure how the best way is, but well i don't see your idea fit in
the new playlist view.

Good luck,

DanielW