Google Summer of Code - Playlist Ideas!

Bryan Youse bryouse at UDel.Edu
Mon Apr 7 07:44:43 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel, thank you for your reply!

Daniel Winter wrote:
> But one problem is, if you have to enter all that data well you would not use
> it that offen i think. Thats way I use the raiting feature not very often in
> amarok 1.4 or any other media player (and my iPod).

You're right, but the user wouldn't have to enter the data for all the
songs of course.  Just those he felt most applicable to the current label.
> So you should search for easy ways to create that data. Maybe something like a
> mood selector to say "well today i am in a sad mood so please higher the sad
> value of all songs I am hearing at the moment"..

That's a great idea/insight into generating more of the data automatically!
> Well the other bigger problem I see is the new Playlist View in Amarok 2...
> Well i am not sure how the best way is, but well i don't see your idea fit in
> the new playlist view.

After seeing Amarok2 in action finally, I agree.  I came up with most of
this idea before I even got my Amarok2 DE to compile.  Perhaps it would
belong in the "context view" and could be implemented slightly
differently than my initial proposal.

I will be editing my proposal before the final submission, and will be
sure to take into account your critiquing.

Best,
Bryan