Podcast retreiver issues

Paul Dunbar merlin at ethernaut.net
Tue Sep 18 17:13:20 UTC 2007

I've been using Amarok to grab podcasts for a while now and would like to
share my observations.

1) Frequently, new episodes fail to download and are never retried
automatically.
2) When "Retrieve all podcasts" is selected, lots of red x's seem to show
up, and Amarok seems to be attempting to download from all (20+) sources at
once - seemingly resulting in failure at least some of the time.
3) Occasionally, the same episode gets marked as new over and over again,
always getting redownloaded (I've reported this as a bug before).

For 1 & 2, I'd like to recommend a feature request - add support for Kget
which has a connection pool and a queue capability.  I'm not sure how much
work would be involved with that, but I really think it would add to the
quality of Amarok when it comes to handling podcasts.

Thanks for the great work guys!
Paul