RFC: Let's make Amarok2 actually play music!

stevem listman at jetcity.org
Sat Sep 1 20:12:35 UTC 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Personally I need a collection, and a playlist, and I need the thing
> to actually play music without crashing. Then I would consider
> switching to Amarok2. What about you?

Precisely!  Don't misunderstand - Amarok is a fantastic app.
Generally, people are drawn toward the interesting challenges and
skip the mundane.  But, as you say, if developers are fulltime users tiny
annoyances would loom larger in the scope of their interests.

I'm with you, I need to manage several large collections and my current
playlist - period.  I may be the minority, but cover art eye-candy doesn't
really improve functionality.  In my mind, multi-collection provisions and
a more robust database would be a great improvement.

Thanks for the excellent efforts so far.

stevem