RFC: Let's make Amarok2 actually play music!

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sat Sep 1 19:45:04 UTC 2007

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> on #amarok.dev we've just been discussing our development goals for
> the near future. Here's my suggestion:
>
> "Let's focus on making Amarok2 usable enough so that *we* can use it
> for our daily music needs!"
>
> I am convinced that the day we developers actually start using Amarok2
> daily for playing music (instead of just for testing purposes) will
> make a *big* difference. It's a whole different story whether you work
> on an application that might theoretically work some day, or if you
> use it yourself to actually do something useful. Once we achieve this
> goal, this will provide a huge motivation boost to us, and also to our
> users who are eager to beta-test Amarok2.
>
> Also it will help us to focus on the essential things. It's very easy
> to get lost in details. We can do the polishing later on, there will
> be plenty of time.
>
> Personally I need a collection, and a playlist, and I need the thing
> to actually play music without crashing. Then I would consider
> switching to Amarok2. What about you?

Well mark I use 1.1.7 everyday and if you would like 577 (according to
Amarok that is 1 day and 18 hours) smoothjazz.mp3 let me know.
Hence, the reason for I would like an alarm clock timer.
None of these crash with xine-lib, alsa and oss and libvisual and of
course Amarok

If you you want to get them yourself - grab "streamripper".  I could
email the path required to download.  That easy!

Need a tester - send it on  -
--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "