feedback!

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:51:47 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 07:43:55 larry wrote:
> some of my issues with Amarok:
> OK, I know why some tracks are in blue, but what does the gray font
> mean??

The blue tracks are the most recently added. The grey are "broken" (file
doesn't exist, etc)

> but why does it quit when I have thousands of tracks in the
> playlist and why does it not have a feature to keep a *non-volatile* log
> of all the bad tracks that it tries to play??

Ehm... Huge playlists isn't the way amarok is supposed to be used - this isn't
XMMS. The only reason one would use these is the lack of collection and
dynamic playlists.

> why can't I close the left side panel that opens "tabs"? I don't
> care about that junk and it just takes up real estate on my desktop!!

You can, actually. Click on the active tab, and then the panel is hidden.

> why isn't there an option to show the playlist in a tree format
> instead of aallll the individual tracks? what a freakin' waste!! this
> *is* running on KDE riiight?

What is the point of a tree format playlist? I really don't see.

http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Handbook/Using_Amarok
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/User_Guides
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-multimedia/amarok/index.html

--