win32 port and svn

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:37:31 UTC 2007

Last I heard, the current trunk actually built with no major issues on
Windows. The only real issue ( Besides getting Amarok2 usable in the
first place ) is, as you mention, the lack of a n audio backend. The
current consensus among the developers is to wait it out until Qt4.4
is releases which will, to the best of our knowledge, include a
working phonon backend for Widows.

However, you are of course welcome to check the code for build issues,
and if you really want to take on the task of building a working
backend, who's to stop you? :-)

That is just my opinion, does anyone feel otherwise?

- Nikolaj