win32 port and svn

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Wed Nov 21 13:26:14 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

A while back I did a bit of stuff on amarok, but it sort of dropped down
my priority list since I do most of my listening at work and a job
writing windows software meant no amarok for me.

However, with the win32 port of kde starting to look like it almost
works (read: compiles with some gnashing of teeth and sorta runs), I'm
interested in getting amarok up and running on windows (as in, I'm
willing to do the work, not beg for a port).

I realise there's no backend to play audio at the moment, but that's
fixable (or QT might beat me to it), and besides, at the moment it needs
a bit of work to even compile anyway.

Which is why I'm writing this: are there any objections to me checking
in win32 porting fixes to svn? I'll of course make every effort to
ensure I don't break it for unix builds.

Thought it'd be best to ask here to be sure first rather than upset
anyone. :)

Shane.