[Feedback] Possible cooperations

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Jun 1 17:47:29 UTC 2007

Ben(jamin)--

We love to hear things like this.  Right now we're in a bit of a
transition -- our 1.4 series is stable and in maintenance-only mode, so
we're not adding new features (except in very special cases for very
small code modifications).  We're working heavily on version 2.0, which
has several advantages in regards to something like BeatPick.com: it'll
work on Windows and Mac as well as Linux so you'll see a larger user
base, and an entire web services framework is being built into Amarok
which should make integration very easy.  That being said, getting the
details early on helps ensure that our framework meets the needs of all
services.  The best person to talk to would be Nikolaj Nielsen at
nhnfreespirit at gmail.com, as he is doing most of the web services work.

Thanks!
--Jeff