making stars the same color again

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Jan 29 09:41:16 UTC 2007

Monday 29 January 2007 10:30 skrev Ljubomir Simin:
> On Monday 29 January 2007 10:06, Alexandre Oliveira wrote:
> > It will be back when it doesn't need to be optional. You all know our
> > policy regarding options.
>
> Yup, still I see no difference between 'custom icon theme' and those
> colored stars. They both don't look good with some color themes/styles,
> they both look good to some of users, but only icons are available, and
> even enabled by default. Seems like inconsistency to me. Not to mention
> that switching back few days before release is kinda strange.

  Big difference: This one can't be changed. The "custom icon theme" is really
badly named, it really should just have never been called anything, and then
people who make icon themes would notice that it is just another set of names
for the icons. They are themable right out of the box (if you use Reinhardt,
you would know this).
  However, it goes so totally and utterly against all things my desktop is set
up to be. When there is a colour there - it damn well better be important.
And while those stars are good and things, and the feature makes brilliant
sense... The colours don't just stroke against the fur, they stick a match to
it :P At least with one colour, you could just change /one/ file to make it
work. No such luck any longer.

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/