IDEA FACTORY // More detailed Log / Multiple DB system / and more codswallop

"donMiguel, el único" don_miguel_el_unico at gmx.net
Sun Feb 11 22:21:34 UTC 2007

Hello dear Amarok developers

First of all, thanks for this great application, i've worked with it for
two weeks now and would like to share a couple of thoughts with you.

First of all, i'd like to get a little attention to the following thread
in the forum: http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,9695.0.html
As you can see there, i, personally, would have been very happy if
amarok would write a little more detailed log, since it's been
"updating" for several hours without my knowledge where & what.

Well, I read that there's going to be a new (revisited?) version of
amarok. And there's a feature of which i tought, which may be practical
to a couple of people.

The idea would be a multiple (switchable) database system. It came to me
because of the way our (and my) music in our sharing flat is organized:
- i've got all my music (mainly music from the last 2 decades +/-) on my PC
-then we've got a classic music collection on the server
- as well as a considerably jazz collection on the server

---> this would make 3 root directories(pop/rock, classic, jazz), and i
don't like a to mix them up in one database. That's why thought to
myself i could scan the collections seperately and then just store the
resulting db files under different names. now if i want to listen
another collection than i loaded, i have to shut down amarok, go rename
the dbs and restart the app.

That's about it, maybe this wouldn't be too hard to implement, could be
handy to some & since i don't know a app with that feature, it would be
kind of a pioneer feature ;) Give it a though please

Furtheron, a more sophisticated filename->tag reader would also be handy :D

thanks for all of you reading until here, i'm going to stop brabbeling now

Michael