IDEA FACTORY // More detailed Log / Multiple DB system / and more codswallop

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun Feb 11 23:52:56 UTC 2007

This is an idea that's been kicked around for a while and hasn't yet been
implemented.  The original idea for a "multiple collections" type thing was
because of people who had various parts of their collections be online or
offline at various times having to constantly rescan.  This problem has been
mitigated by Dynamic Collections.

I'm a bit confused as to what the issue is with having your tracks in the same
database though.  If you want to be able to query on it, for instance, can't
you use genre or labels in your queries?  I've never heard of anyone wanting
multiple collections for this reason before so if you could explain what
you're trying to do and why it'd help.

Thanks,
Jeff