Ready. Steady. Amarok 2.0 development begins!!

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:41:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:13:16 +1100
"Seb Ruiz" <me at sebruiz.net> wrote:

> Let me list a couple which need to be decided upon:

	I know there's already exist the replaygain plugin, but
unfortunately it does require kdialog and I just use Amarok with
kdelibs. I read somewhere that libtag has support for the necessary
tags to use replaygain, so it could be used to implement native
replaygain in Amarok, without the need of some external plugin.

	I know plugins are a good idea, but replaygain too is a good
idea ;) and it would be easier for all if amarok had replaygain
functionality built-in.

	Ps: it would be great if Amarok could normalize last.fm streams
too, but I think it's technicaly impossible :( unless it just saved the
volume setting for each song. Anyway I think last.fm is working on
this, at least for new uploaded songs.

	And another thing: winamp has Pandora support now. I searched a
bit and found a message saying that Amarok never could support Pandora,
since it's a proprietary service etc. But isn't there a way to talk to
them and find a solution? And I think that if it will have a native
Windows port, it will lack this kind of functionality that others
have... I don't know... just a thought.

	And the last thing: personally I prefer new features instead of
interface changes. It's just my opinion as a user.

	Thank you.

--
http://u-br.net
Linux 2.6.19: Avast! A bilge rat!