open amarok via ssh

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 04:46:52 UTC 2007

--- El Dom 30 Dic 2007, Colin Guthrie encontró un teclado y tipeó lo
siguiente:
> CG: Sergio Belkin wrote:
> CG: > Thanks Greg, I know that I could fix in that way, but why this
> problem CG: > is not when I access locally?
> CG:
> CG: Usually when you log in locally via X11 etc. a process will montitor
> the CG: fact you've logged in and will change the user of such devices to
> your CG: user - when you switch to another user the permissions change to
> that CG: user etc.
> CG:
> CG: I think it's typically ConsoleKit that does this in newer distros but
> CG: this info is only from a vague understanding (I have no real need for
> CG: further details personally) so I could be incorrect here.
> CG:
> CG: This process is not triggered by ssh logins (tho' it could be made to
> do CG: so, it's not a typical setup where a user may be logged in with an X
> CG: session and a ssh user suddenly steals their devices!).

I think you're right it would be not safe enable something so. In fact I see
that /etc/pam.d/login has a line with

session    optional     pam_ck_connector.so

that has to do with consolekit...

Everyday we learn something new :)
--
Sergio Belkin