open amarok via ssh

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Dec 30 17:12:47 UTC 2007

Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Thanks Greg, I know that I could fix in that way, but why this problem
> is not when I access locally?

Usually when you log in locally via X11 etc. a process will montitor the
fact you've logged in and will change the user of such devices to your
user - when you switch to another user the permissions change to that
user etc.

I think it's typically ConsoleKit that does this in newer distros but
this info is only from a vague understanding (I have no real need for
further details personally) so I could be incorrect here.

This process is not triggered by ssh logins (tho' it could be made to do
so, it's not a typical setup where a user may be logged in with an X
session and a ssh user suddenly steals their devices!).

Col