SAMSUNG YP-U3J QW/XET (VER 1.08 EU) and UDEV and Amarok

Brenda J. Butler bjb at linuxbutler.ca
Sat Dec 29 23:28:36 UTC 2007

Thanks to the original poster's list of stuff he did to try
to get the Samsung YP-U3J working in a KDE system, and thanks
to a Ubuntu Forums topic talking in detail about how to add a
device manually, I was finally successful in getting podcasts
onto my Samsung YP-U3J.  See
    http://linuxbutler.ca/SamsungYPU3JQ_instructions.html
for my howto.

I was starting off as someone familiar with Debian, but not
at all familiar with:

    MP3 players
    libmtp
    mtp-tools

and only slightly familiar with

    udev
    mass storage devices
    podcasts

so the instructions don't assume much :-)

I'll be happy to put this in your wiki or email them to
your list, if you think that would be a good idea.
I can also update the instructions before doing so if you
point out any omissions or errors or confusing bits.

Thanks to KDE and Amarok developers for a great program!

bjb