Sqlite3 problems in Amarok 2

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 08:24:20 UTC 2007

> I haven't taken the time to familiarize myself with the code, but
> sure, I'd love to help :) If someone could brief me on what needs to
> be done, or point to a thread that already discussed this I'd be happy
> to start coding.

If you wish to help with development, I would recommend that you join
us on #amarok on irc.freenode.net. Then we could discuss what is
already done, the architecture thoughts behind it and what still needs
doing.

>I just find it odd that something as important as the
> sql backend is not finished while plasma applets exist for displaying
> the tracks and stuff. If I can't update my collection, then there's
> absolutely no way I can appreciate the work done on amarok plasmoids.

Thats just the nature of the beast when it comes to free software
development. As most people are contributing in their own free time,
it is natural that they start out doing what interests them the most
and then later move on to getting stuff ready for release.

Actually, the collection scanner does work, it is just a bit....
quirky.... Try following this 5 step guide:

1. Delete ~/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/collection.db
2. in the settings, define which directories should be scanned
3. select "rescan collection" from the tools menu
4. restart amarok
5. repeat step 3 and 4 a few times until it works.

- Nikolaj