Sqlite3 problems in Amarok 2

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 05:45:26 UTC 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 9:48 PM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> What you are seeing is caused by this part of Amarok2 simply not being
> done yet. We are moving to a completely new collection backend, and as
> you noticed, this work is not yet completed. Amarok2 is currently in a
> pre alpha state, so there is really no point in running it unless it
> is to help code it! :-)

I haven't taken the time to familiarize myself with the code, but
sure, I'd love to help :) If someone could brief me on what needs to
be done, or point to a thread that already discussed this I'd be happy
to start coding. I just find it odd that something as important as the
sql backend is not finished while plasma applets exist for displaying
the tracks and stuff. If I can't update my collection, then there's
absolutely no way I can appreciate the work done on amarok plasmoids.

> We are not at a point where we even accept bug reports yet (hence no
> bugs on bko), as there are still more things that are broken than
> things that work.
>
> - Nikolaj

Ryan