Sqlite3 problems in Amarok 2

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 08:56:04 UTC 2007

On 12/16/07, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I haven't taken the time to familiarize myself with the code, but
> > sure, I'd love to help :) If someone could brief me on what needs to
> > be done, or point to a thread that already discussed this I'd be happy
> > to start coding.
>
> If you wish to help with development, I would recommend that you join
> us on #amarok on irc.freenode.net. Then we could discuss what is
> already done, the architecture thoughts behind it and what still needs
> doing.

Thing is, timezone differences suck. I can't really leave my laptop on
the entire night (don't want to age it too much) so e-mail or a wiki
would be the best way for me to communicate.

> >I just find it odd that something as important as the
> > sql backend is not finished while plasma applets exist for displaying
> > the tracks and stuff. If I can't update my collection, then there's
> > absolutely no way I can appreciate the work done on amarok plasmoids.
>
> Thats just the nature of the beast when it comes to free software
> development. As most people are contributing in their own free time,
> it is natural that they start out doing what interests them the most
> and then later move on to getting stuff ready for release.
>

> Actually, the collection scanner does work, it is just a bit....
> quirky.... Try following this 5 step guide:
>
> 1. Delete ~/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/collection.db
> 2. in the settings, define which directories should be scanned
> 3. select "rescan collection" from the tools menu
> 4. restart amarok
> 5. repeat step 3 and 4 a few times until it works.

Yep.. Been doing this for quite a while. :) Thing is, not all files
are added because of conflicting entries in the table. Tags are not
properly read I think so they all appear as "Unknown" and only one
track is added. :( But then again, I have one duplicate file so that
might be the reason. I'll investigate later.

Ryan