[Feedback] DBus Interface Needed Enhancements

enaut franz-die at web.de
Mon Aug 6 15:11:45 UTC 2007

Richard Hartmann schrieb:

> As Amarok 2.0 and KDE 4 will be a major break anyway, I would
> definately go for a cleaned-up DBUS interface instead of continuing to
> support the grown structures.
>
> While it may save effort right now to continue with old stuff, it will most
> likely save effort in the medium to long run to have a clean interface.
>

> Richard

I just want to vote for this solution. Although I never scripted for
amarok I know that it is pretty hard to get informations of Amarok.
And my personal opinion is: for all the scripts it is pretty harmfull to
get information now.
But having the new API I hope that it will be easy to get all the
Information so all the work that a script develloper has to do is to
read the new (good)API documetation and replace several lines in his
code by some single ones... at least that should be the goal of a
redesign. And those actions should not be too harmfull for a script
developer...

best regards
enaut