[Feedback] DBus Interface Needed Enhancements

Mon Aug 6 11:40:35 UTC 2007

On 05/08/07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:

> As far as I can see all of your requests make sense. I think we will
> try to implement them, step by step. One thing that I have been
> wondering is whether we should try to keep compatibility with the old
> interface - currently it's exactly the same as in 1.4, except that
> it's a D-Bus call instead of DCOP - or if we should make a new start
> and clean up the interface, remove inconsistencies and so on.

As Amarok 2.0 and KDE 4 will be a major break anyway, I would
definately go for a cleaned-up DBUS interface instead of continuing to
support the grown structures.

While it may save effort right now to continue with old stuff, it will most
likely save effort in the medium to long run to have a clean interface.

Richard