Interface language doesn't follow LC_MESSAGES

Martin Swift martin at swift.is
Fri Apr 20 06:25:38 UTC 2007

Dear Amarok community,

I only recently installed Amarok after a long time avoiding these
feature (over?)full clients. Well, I'm pretty impressed. Many thanks
to the developers!

I was, however, pretty surpised that parts of the interface are in
Icelandic. Now, my LANG variable is set to is_IS.utf8, but since I
prefer English interfaces, I've also set LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.utf8.

Since it is written "for" KDE, I take it that it uses the Qt widget
set. The only other Qt based applications I've used are Qtorrent (no
longer, though), Skype and Opera. None of these display any of
Icelandic.

Shouldn't the interface follow the localization setting in the
LC_MESSAGES environment variable?

Sincerely,
Martin Swift

--