Magnatune Impressions

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Sat Sep 16 10:05:51 UTC 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 02:17, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> - I don't like that magnatune browser being shown by default.  Perhaps
> a config option to enable it.
>
> - I hate that new "config" icon at the top of the browsers which lets
> you hide/show the browsers. I think it clutters the interface and
> reduces available realestate.  I think we should stick to the context
> menu.

The button is somewhat ugly, but that's mostly the icon's fault. Let's face
it: the right-click menu for hiding tabs has horrible discoverability. It is
basically a hidden feature.

    Discoverability, Discoverability, Discoverability.

We need to keep that in mind. Many of Amarok's features might as well be
removed and noone would ever notice, because people don't know about them in
the first place.

--
Mark