1.4.3

Joe Rabinoff rabinoff at post.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 6 02:11:54 UTC 2006

Hi Jeff --

After some more thought, I've decided that AFT needs a bit more functionality
before the moodbar can really be AFT-enabled.  Namely, I want to be able to
delete moodbars when music files are deleted -- users would get annoyed if
they stored their moodbars with music, and deleting music files didn't result
in mood files being deleted as well.  We talked a bit on #amarok about how
one might do this -- namely, queueing deletions until the collection scanner
finishes -- but I don't think this is really the right solution, since
there's no systematic way of telling which files were added back *in place*
(as opposed to having been moved).  I could hack something together as it is
probably, but what seems to me to be the most elegant solution would be as
follows: AFT should emit signals for both moved *and* deleted files.  When it
comes down to it, the AFT code is where you would figure out whether a file
has been deleted anyway.  So I'm envisioning something like what you
suggested: the incremental collection scanner keeps a list of all the files
it has deleted from the main tags table (the ones in the dirs it's scanning),
then every time a track is added, the AFT code checks it off as either having
been added back in place or moved.  For anything left over, a
CollectionDB::fileDeleted() signal or something should be emitted.  The point
is, you don't really know if files have been deleted or not until AFT has
checked if they've been moved or added back in place.

I'm happy to try to code this up if you don't want to, although I'm sure you'd
be able to do it faster since you know your way around the AFT code.  Let me
know what you think.

Joe