1.4.3

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Sep 4 15:04:26 UTC 2006

I can definitely help with the AFT part, but if you want to try it yourself
before you and I chat (and, since I'll be on vacation from next Thursday
until two Tuesdays after that I won't have much time to talk until 1.4.3 is
released) have a look at two signals emitted from CollectionDB: fileMoved and
uniqueIdChanged.  (Note that fileMoved is overloaded; you're concerned with
the three-argument version).

fileMoved emits (old path, new path, unique id), uniqueIdChanged emits (path,
old unique id, new unique id).  All paths are absolute -- I guess they
theoretically could be changed at some point to emit a device ID as well as a
relative path, but that's down the line.  If you need to be Dynamic
Collections-friendly, have a look at CollectionDB::aftMigrateStatisticsUrl
for how to get the device id and relative path.

That's it -- just connect two slots to those signals and figure out how to
use 'em.

--Jeff