Potentially some Xine Engine bugs

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Fri Sep 1 10:51:28 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 11:49, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> :) Disable crossfade and it works. Cheers for the info.
>
> Perhaps Amarok can handle this more gracefully? It generally jumps
> several songs in my playlist poping up a message box for each song it
> can't play. which is very bad from a UI perspective. A passive popup
> would be better IMO than a message box.
>
> It could perhaps suggest somewhere that crossfading requires hardware
> mixing?

Crossfading does _not_ require hardware mixing. It requires mixing. This can
be a hardware or software implementation. On Linux, ALSA automatically
provides software mixing via DMix as a fallback. Other operating systems
provide similar facilities.

If this does not work right on your box, then your setup is simply broken. The
problem is not with Amarok.

--
Mark