support for user-definable labels

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Tue Nov 7 13:59:03 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 7:31 am, Angus Prune wrote:
> What do people think of this idea?  What aspects of it are already
> implemented?  How feasible is the rest of it?

My opinion is that this is way overkill, and that it is also quite hard to
implement.  You are suggesting, if I understand correctly, that the program
should track a different score for each label.

I think this means that I would have to tell the program what label
corresponds to the mood I am in each listening session and then manually
select songs I like during that mood session so that some scores develop
(maybe do it randomly for a while so that songs not appropriate for that mood
get low scores.  In my opinion, this is way too much work for the listener.
With 5,000 tracks, it would take me years to develop the stats to do this
well.

Just my 2 cents.
--
Greg