lastfm menu entry

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Mon Jun 26 00:44:33 UTC 2006

On Monday 26 June 2006 01:26, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> Hey markey,
> I was thinking, wouldn't it make more sense to put the new last.fm
> toolbar entries straight into the playlistbrowser?
>
> Over there it makes much more sense and there is much more 'context'.
> Also, we can have autopopulating entries, for visiting the streams of
> friends, underappreciated, recommended etc.

Yes, you're right. In fact Alex suggested the very same thing, not long ago ;)
To my defense, here's my reasoning:

1) Simply did not think of your solution
2) Time pressure due to string freeze: had to whip up something quickly
3) Wanted good visibility for this new feature, I think menus have great
visibility
4) It seemed logical: "Add Stream" - "Add last.fm Stream"

Ultimately I agree with you, but I don't have time to change/implement this,
and IMHO the current solution is "good enough" for 1.4.1. If you want to go
ahead, that's fine as well. Although I still think having last.fm in the menu
is good for discovering the feature. Perhaps we could have both.

--
Mark