: Stop the animations

George Welch george at grwelch.com
Fri Jun 23 14:52:11 UTC 2006

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://amarok.kde.org from:
George Welch <george at grwelch.com>

Hi,

You have a very nice program -- just about the best there is.

However, I cannot use it because of the animations.  I can't use my computer when there are things moving on the screen.  Most programs let you stop animations, but I cannot figure out how to make amarok sit still.  The scrolling title bar and the puffing bar on the playlist just make it unusable.  (This is amarok 1.3.8 that ships with SUSE 10.1.)

I know you probably put a lot of work into making those animations be smooth, but a simple check box to make all the flashy stuff sit still would help a lot for those people who are distracted by it.

I do understand the nature of free software, and I wish you the absolutle best with your project.

Thanks for your time,

--George R. Welch