: New Layout

Matze matze at kaffeemonster.com
Mon Jun 19 18:43:19 UTC 2006

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://amarok.kde.org from:
Matze <matze at kaffeemonster.com>

Hi Dev Team,
the new Layout introduces in 1.4.1 is a large step backwards for usability.
Reasons:
When I need my Collection to arrange titles I don't need Lyrics, Info 'bout the Artist et. al.
Once my Playlist is up and running I do like to have the Playlist open to see upcoming songs and the Lyrics pane to read a bit along.
With the new "design" it's just a mess; either I see a rather tiny part of the Playlist and get no Info on Artist, etc. or I merely see the info Pages but a larger Playlist.

OPTIMAL imho would be a three pane Layout just as in Outlook 2003 and newer. Suggestion:
________
| x  | y | z |

x would show Collection, Playlists or Files
y for the Info Page with Lyrics and WikiPart
z showing the running playlist.

Thanks for your great work,
Matze