Dynamic Collection: Conflicting Mount Points

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jun 17 00:57:30 UTC 2006

Bradley Pesicka wrote:
> have found a problem I cannot quite find a good solution for.
>     Last time we talked, amarok would crash whenever a cd was put in.  I
> was working with cd's because I have a few cd's with mp3's burnt on
> them.  I would like to be able to put a cd in the drive and have the
> songs show up in the collection.  However, when I put in a different cd
> in the drive, the old files are removed and the new ones are added.
>     As far as I can tell, this happens because, while dynamic collection
> in it's current state handles missing mounts by not including them in
> any queries, different collections or devices with the same mount point
> conflict with each other.
>     I spent a couple of hours trying to find a solution, but I think it
> will take a little more work than that to get it working.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>     Thanks for the help so far.

Forgive me for being an idiot, but how do I configure a dynamic
collection? Is this done automatically for removable media? If so how do
I force my NFS share to be a dynamic collection? Sometimes it's
connected, as is my iRiver. I'd like them both to be dynamic collections
ideally so they can be disconnected.

I just tried to add a my NFS share but upon restarting Amarok after
unmounting all the files were deleted from the db (or so it seems).

Using 1.4.1

PS having read the discussion article linked from this thread I see that
this would address network shares....

Col.