Fwd: Themes

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Tue Jun 6 20:35:51 UTC 2006

Subject: Themes
Date: Tuesday 06 June 2006 11:33
From: Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org>
To: Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen <admin at leinir.dk>

Hi Leinir,

I have been talking to the artists and we came to the conclusion it would
be a good thing to turn your list into an official 'media' set of icons.
So, simply put; the icons amarok needs will end up on the TODO list for
Oxygen.

Some more details;
We probably will end up with a more generic naming in Oxygen where a
simple search replace of amarok -> media is done.

We had the idea to alter the KIconLoader (in kde4) to have a fallback in
the theme itself.
This means that actions/media_forward.svg is searched first, and if that
does not exist then actions/forward.svg is used from the same theme.
This idea needs some more thought, but all people agreed that in general
this can happen.
I think this will nicely solve the problem if amarok's toolbar icons so
amarok does not need to ship its own theme anymore.

I'll try to keep track of these issues as things progress.
Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander

..Dan // Leinir..