Rating

Joakim Kingström joakim.kingstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 11:47:23 UTC 2006

Hello,

What I'm missing in amaroK (or haven't discovered..) is the ability to
rate albums. I don't think you can do that in itunes either, but that is
much much more suiting for me than to rate specific tracks.

In general i would like to see a more album-oriented design of the
program. There's a lot of people that don't really listen to songs but
albums, as you used to do before iTunes and MTV came to the world.

There's been quite a few features coming into amaroK with this in mind
which I really, really love.

One thing I've had in mind regarding this is to have the ability to
collapse and expand specific albums in the playlist. The playlist would
look just like it does today, but a with small button next to each album
which would collapse the whole album, and the songs would disappear from
the playlist with just the artist and the album title showing in bold,
and then a button to expand it. When it is collapsed you could be able
to rate the album and queue it, just as you would be able to rate and
queue it in the collection browser.

This could also make scrolling through the playlist a lot quicker and
less power taking if you have a large playlist. You could also be able
to choose collapse and expand all albums in the playlist, or all albums
from a specific artist, either through the playlist itself or the
collection browser.

I know it would be kind of like the new collection browser, but a little
bit different and I think it could be very useful.

It would also be useful if you could group the albums/songs by rating in
the collection browser.

However, even if you wouldn't think my ingenious ideas (at least to me
=)) is any good, I'd like to say thanks for a absolutely wonderful
software. When I was new to linux amaroK was the only thing that kept me
wanting to fight against all the problems you encounter as a noob to
linux. I would most definitively have given up if it wasn't for amaroK!

--
Best regards,
Joakim Kingström

joakim.kingstrom at gmail.com