converting media type does not work well with all media devices

Alf B Lervaag alfborge at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Jun 4 10:37:57 UTC 2006

Mikael Lammentausta wrote:
> So I suggest to add an option for the device, that file of type x,y,z
> are converted upon transfer. If these files then are transferred, the
> transKode script is called. Is this possible? I think this is an
> amaroK feature, not an issue with the script.

Personally, I think there should be some way for the user to configure
what file types should be the target format.  For instance, on the iPod
the target format is mp4.  To change this to mp3 you have to edit the
source code.

Letting the users specify allowed file types would make Mikael able to
configure his device, as well as me to set my preferances.  The current
solution requires us both to edit the source code to make things work
the way we want.

--
Alf