Re-examining Dynamic Mode.

Joel Wiramu Pauling aenertia at aenertia.net
Sat Jun 3 12:58:05 UTC 2006

On Sunday 04 June 2006 00:53, Christie Harris wrote:

> Sounds like you're wanting to over-complicate something that was simplified
> and made much easier and neater to use. The dynamic playlists as they are
> now are SO much easier to describe to people, and much easier get straight
> into, even if one has never used a dynamic playlist before.
>
> While an 'advanced' dynamic mode might be great for experienced users,
> don't forget that not everyone wants or needs that level of complexity.
>
> (Oh, and if you change it... you'd better write the docs as you go!)
>
> Cheers, Christie

Actually my own observations of people using amaroK, is that they never quite
get the new way of dealing with Dynamic Playlists.... if they find and use
them at all.

Agreed easy to explain... but not exactly easly exposed.

I suppose this has developed into two forks from the original statement

a) Exposing dynamic playlists as they currently are --> Wizard/Tools/Mode menu
entry

b) Advanced Dynamic playlists -> Customisable window/panes with multiple
playlist panes.