Re-examining Dynamic Mode.

Christie Harris dangle.baby at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 12:53:01 UTC 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 20:44, Joel Wiramu Pauling wrote:
> On Saturday 03 June 2006 23:09, Ian Monroe wrote:
> > On 6/3/06, Joel Wiramu Pauling <aenertia at aenertia.net> wrote:
> > > Yeah i'm not sure I'm sold on this yet.... I definately think having
> > > view styles aka konqueor is the way to go... I definately prefer the
> > > context window to be at the side.
> >
> > Um what does this have to do with the price of chestnuts.
>
> Potencially being able to move the context window around to different
> position might enable dynamic mode configuration/playlist options to be
> present in-liu of the context pane.
>
> In actuallity I am seeing the related artists/suggested songs portions
> already present in the context window becoming something akin to a dynamic
> playlist, but more finegrained that what is presently in the context
> window...
>
> am I making sense at all?

Sounds like you're wanting to over-complicate something that was simplified
and made much easier and neater to use. The dynamic playlists as they are now
are SO much easier to describe to people, and much easier get straight into,
even if one has never used a dynamic playlist before.

While an 'advanced' dynamic mode might be great for experienced users, don't
forget that not everyone wants or needs that level of complexity.

(Oh, and if you change it... you'd better write the docs as you go!)

Cheers, Christie