: Wow! Thanks! (and now for some suggestions)

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 05:29:44 UTC 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 00:12, Jon Shell wrote:
> This is an enquiry e-mail via http://amarok.kde.org from:
> Jon Shell <jshell at mindspring.com>
>
> Hi,
> First, thanks for you incredible, unbelievable application. It's
> marvellous.
>
> Now, I listen to podcasts a lot. I have nearly fifty podcasts that I
> subscribe to.  I often strip out the feed URLs from a page with sed and
> feed them straight into 'dcop amarok playlistbrowser addPodcast "${i}" ' in
> a shell loop. The one problem is that when i batch add podcasts, I have to
> set the feed properties individually. I would like to select all podcasts
> and set the feed properties for all of them, or a bunch at a time, the same
> way that akregator lets you set feed retrieve intervals for all feeds.

This has been discussed. First we tried hierarchical podcast settings but that
didn't seem to work. So Seb and I decided to implement batch settings
changing. It hasn't been implemented yet though. The idea is that you can
either select a couple of podcast and change all there settings or change the
settings of all podcasts in a folder.

> Thanks again, and regards.
>
> Jon Shell.
>
> PS I wouldn't mind doing small coding jobs. I can write C/C++ and i know my
> way around a compliler, linker and make. I could donate a couple of hours a
> week.
One thing on my list is OPML import/export for podcasts both for backup and
importing from other programs. If you think your up for it, your allowed to
try, just send a patch to the mailing list
amarok at kde.org