Renaming amaroK, Amarok

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Thu Jun 1 16:18:09 UTC 2006

Andrew Turner wrote:
> I'm still trying to find a good reason for doing this.

I talked it over with my coworker and he likes it being quirky, so now I
don't know. I always liked the quirkiness of it too.

I think more normal people (he's a developer too) will just think it's
weird and typical OSS naming eccentricity. But I can't think of many
other good arguments.

It would be nice to spell it how everyone mistakenly spells it, and as I
said, I was getting used to Amarok and quite liking the way it looked
relative to amaroK.

 > And, changing the spelling just because some people get it very
 > slightly wrong is not the type of logic that appeals to me.

It's more than some people, I'd guess it's at least 50%, and all major
publications. A guess though!

Max