Renaming amaroK, Amarok

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 1 15:00:09 UTC 2006

I'm still trying to find a good reason for doing this.

I don't think that having amaroK be spelt with strange capitalisation
makes it any less memorable as a name. And, changing the spelling just
because some people get it very slightly wrong is not the type of
logic that appeals to me.

The main effect that I can see is it reduces the emphasis on amaroK
being a KDE application, which possibly could encourage users of other
DEs/WMs to try amaroK, but as the blog article shows, it doesn't seem
like too much of an obstacle at the moment.

Andrew