Regarding bug 130585

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Jul 28 21:24:40 UTC 2006

Joe--

I have an answer for you, but a question first -- can you verify that the
entire comment that you type in is getting saved into the file's ID3v2 tag
correctly?  I just want to make sure this is the case, and that we simply are
only storing the first 256 bytes, rather than not storing the comment in the
file (this would be bad if it were the case, since the tags table, or parts
of it, gets dropped often).

Anyways, if you are talking about the comment field in the tags table, all you
have to do is bump up the "static const int DATABASE_VERSION = 31" line in
collectiondb.h to 32 (dealing with persistent tables, podcasts tables, or
stats tables is much more difficult).

I'm not sure what your patch does, but please make sure that it's safe for all
kinds of databases.  PostgreSQL has TEXT, MySQL has TEXT...does SQLite?

Also, your patch should probably be as easy as two lines: one to change the
DATABASE_VERSION above, the other to change line 565 in collectiondb.cpp to

"comment " + longTextColumnType() + ", "

(please make sure that longTextColumnType, which always returns "TEXT", works
for SQLite as I said above).

--Jeff