Regarding bug 130585

Joseph Rabinoff bobqwatson at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 19:35:38 UTC 2006

Hi all,

eean suggested that I post this question here.  I
submitted a patch for bug 130585 (tag comment field
too small), which basically says that if you have
comments longer than 256 chars and you edit (any) tag
from the playlist, you truncate your comments and make
yourself annoyed because you spent hours typing in all
of the members of the band into the comment field...
Anyway, the truncation happens because tags.comment is
VARCHAR(256) and not TEXT (whereas podcast*.comment is
TEXT).  My patch just changes the table creation code
in collectiondb.cpp, but eean says it's incomplete, as
the database version needs to be bumped.  So can
someone tell me what the procedure is for changing the
database so I can submit a complete patch?

Thanks a lot!
Joe (QBob)