1.4.2 release points

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Tue Aug 15 10:15:48 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, 15. August 2006 11:41, Andy Kelk wrote:

> Next I uninstalled 1.4.1 and installed from the latest SVN source
> (revision 573213). I didn't touch the DB.
> On running Amarok, I briefly got an "updating" window appear which had
> no content. This disappeared very quickly and I got a main Amarok window.
> The collection was rebuilt from scratch and all appears to be working
> well.

Right, the "updating database" dialog. I added it as proposed by Seb, but it
still needs some work. It has no contents at the moment, just a caption (that
might be difficult to change due to string freeze) and i can't figure out how
to remove the window control buttons (minimize/maximize/close). None of the
window flags I passed to it had the desired effect. Hopefully somebody with a
bit more knowledge about Qt/KDE GUI programing can take a look at it and fix
it. Take a look at the TODO comment in CollectionDB::checkDatabase()

> I then tried the same steps but using the Gentoo Amarok 1.4.2-beta1
> ebuild instead of Amarok 1.4.1 source tarball. Same results on starting
> the SVN copy - updating window and then a collection rebuild.
>

> Andy

Max