1.4.2 release points

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Wed Aug 16 17:41:42 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, Seb Ruiz <me at sebruiz.net> wrote:

> I would be appreciative for some testers to volunteer, and tell us the
> hardware you are using and which version of Amarok you are using.

Ok, I just downloaded the 1.4.2 beta 1 tarball and compiled it. Up to
now I have been using an rpm of 1.4.1, which I uninstalled before
installing 1.4.2.

Alas, 1.4.2 is hanging at start up. Launch it from terminal, I see the
following:

$ Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary!
Use amarokapp.
QObject::connect: No such slot DeviceManager::reinitDevices()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')

then nothing. According to the gnome-system-monitor, amarok, two
instances of amarokapp, and gdb are all "stopped".

Once it got futher along in the bootup, but generated an backtracer,
which I mailed. Unfortunately, it bounced:

<amarok-backtraces at lists.sf.netwebsites>
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)

Looks like someone changed the address. I have resent it to:
amarok-backtraces at lists.sf.net

I am running amarok under FC5 on a Pentium IV system.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam