1.4.2 release points

Andy Kelk andy at mopoke.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 09:41:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 18:30 +1000, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> I would be appreciative for some testers to volunteer, and tell us the
> hardware you are using and which version of Amarok you are using.

I've run a few test upgrades. I'm using Postgresql database on an i686
platform (using gentoo). I've previously been running Amarok SVN.

Firstly I dropped the postgres DB and recreated a blank one and
uninstalled amarok.
I then installed Amarok 1.4.1 from source and started it up. After
starting Amarok, it built a new collection for me.

Next I uninstalled 1.4.1 and installed from the latest SVN source
(revision 573213). I didn't touch the DB.
On running Amarok, I briefly got an "updating" window appear which had
no content. This disappeared very quickly and I got a main Amarok window.
The collection was rebuilt from scratch and all appears to be working
well.

I then tried the same steps but using the Gentoo Amarok 1.4.2-beta1
ebuild instead of Amarok 1.4.1 source tarball. Same results on starting
the SVN copy - updating window and then a collection rebuild.

Andy