1.4.2 release points

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Tue Aug 15 08:30:43 UTC 2006

Hi dudes,
I hope we have all learned from our previous escapades in releasing
the 1.4 series.

I am proposing and recommending that at least five users do a thorough
upgrade to test that everything goes well.  A complete regression test
is not necessary, but rather that the database is correctly converted
- there have been numerous changes recently.

The main points to look at that come to mind are:
 - Is the database conversion transparent and seamless?
 - Does the application take a long time to load due to conversions,
and if so, is the user aware of why it is happening (without console
debug).
 - Does anything happen which isn't expected.

We should do testing for 1.4.1, 1.4.1-beta1, 1.4.0 and fresh install, imho.

Perhaps we should roll out an RC1 for this purpose.

I would be appreciative for some testers to volunteer, and tell us the
hardware you are using and which version of Amarok you are using.

Thanks a bunch!
seb

--
http://www.sebruiz.net/