amarok and classical music -- artist v. composer dilema

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Mon Aug 7 09:48:56 UTC 2006

Matej Cepl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is by far not the worst metadata I could get, but still it isn't what I
> would like to get (and I understand that amarok probably cannot do much
> about that). So I edit metadata for this track to get
>
> Title: Concerto No. 1, F Major - Allegro
> Artist: Bath Festival Orchestra; Yehudi Menuhin (conductor)

a friend of mine who listens to classical music (and considers using
amarok) tols me that conductor is as important there as performer (artist).
i understand that few if any music formats will have such a field in the
metadata and that probably a minority of users would ever need that -
but it still would be nice if there was some solution so that users
could easier manage their classical music collections.

> Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
> Album: Brandenburg Concertos Nos. 1-6
> Track Number: 1
> CD Number: 1